Wearing Artist Couture Highlighter in Gold Digger (use code “Mandy” for discount)
Happy Thursday everyone! Today I am sharing my top 5 favorite highlighters. Highlighters bring light to your face, and look beautiful swept across the high points of your face. Highlighters over the past few years have blown up in popularity, and it can be a bit overwhelming selecting the right highlighter for yourself. I’ve tried just about every highlighter out there, and I have narrowed it down for all of you to make your choice just a bit simpler!
1. Becca: Topping the list is Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter. My favorite shade is Champagne Pop, which was created in collaboration with Jaclyn Hill! Champagne Pop is a soft white gold with peachy pink undertones. This shade is universally flattering, but a few of my other favorites are Moonstone and Opal. All the shades are beautiful, and the powder itself is both buttery and build-able. No chunky glitter, and no streaks! You will have a noticeable glow with just a swipe across the cheek. Spritz your brush with Mac Fix Plus or water and dip into the powder and see your highlight go from a beautiful glow to a blinding highlight.
Price: $38 for 0.28 oz
2. Artist Couture (use code “Mandy” for 15% off): Artist Couture was started by Angel Merino aka @mac_daddy, and the Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powders are not for the faint of heart! These loose powder highlighters are absolutely BLINDING. It is best to apply these with a fan brush to get an even application. You do have to be a little cautious applying these as they are a loose powder product, and are highly pigmented. You can also mix these with fix plus in a pan to create an absolutely gorgeous metallic foil shadow (it gives you the wet look so many try to create with shadows). It stays put and will lasts all day. My favorite shades of these intense powders are Gold Digger and Illumanti.
Price: $26.99 for 0.21 oz
3. Dior: Next on the list is the Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer Powder. From the packaging to the glow, everything about this highlighter is stunning. With one layer you get a subtle beautiful glow to your skin and no exaggeration of skin texture. Those of you who hate “blinding” highlighters will love this option. However, you can totally make this highlight more intense by spritzing your brush or layering, but I prefer to use this to add a natural glow and sheen. My favorite shades are 001 Nude Glow and 002 Pink Glow.
Price: $56 for 0.21 oz
4. Cover FX: I had to feature a liquid highlighter on the list, and by far the best one has to be the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops. These highlighters are like liquid gold! Each drop is ultra-concentrated and provides you with a wet glow. If you are looking for a JLO glow or for a highlighter for strobing, this is the perfect one for you. You can also mix these drops in with your foundation, or even body lotion for a all over glow. I typically apply these with a wet beauty blender or my fingertips. Moonlight and sunlight are my favorite shades from these drops!
Price: $42 for 0.50 oz
5. Ofra: The Ofra Cosmetics highlighters are another great powder highlight option. With these highlighters you get a soft and buttery highlighter that blends out easily and gives a blinding highlight. Ofra states it is their liquid to baked technology using the highest grade pearls that provide an unparalleled pigment payoff and rich sheen. I love applying these to the tops of my cheek bones or even using them as an inner corner highlight on my eyes. My favorite shade of these is the white shade in the Beverly Hills wheel!
Price: $26.99 for 0.21 oz
DRUGSTORE PARADISE (lol)
6. Wet N Wild: Wet N Wild has been stepping up its game recently, and one of the best drugstore highlighters I have tried is their MegaGlo Highlighting Powder. These highlighters are super smooth and provide a beautiful glowing sheen to the skin. They are build-able and can easily be layered to achieve a strobe like effect. The MegaGlow highlight is soft to the touch, and has no chunky glitter or shimmer. These are comparable to a lot of high-end highlighters, and for the price, it can be hard to justify a lot of other highlighters. For fair to medium skin tones, check out Precious Petals, and for deeper skin tones I recommend Crown of My Canopy.
Price: $4.99 for 0.19 oz
Leave a Comment