Hope you all had a great weekend and stayed safe if you’re in an area affected by the hurricanes! Praying for all of you! Today I’m sharing my top 5 favorite foundations. Foundation preferences vary greatly from person to person depending on a variety of factors. However, I think the below foundations can work for just about anyone. Check out my choices for best foundations and let me know what your holy grail foundations are in the comments!
1. Dior: Topping my list is the Dior Airflash Spray Foundation. This Dior foundation is like magic! The foundation is in a spray bottle that delivers a fine mist to your skin, leaving it looking flawless and airbrushed. It is extremely lightweight, but provides you with great coverage that is buildable. It also minimizes the appearance of your pores – just like magic! You can spray the foundation directly onto your face or onto the back of your hand to blend out with a brush or beauty blender. This foundation works for all skin types, but for oilier skin types, I recommend setting with your favorite powder. I have yet to find a foundation that feels as lightweight and flawless looking on the skin as this one. The one major issue with this foundation is that it only comes in 11 shades! The color selection is limited, and for my darker friends there is only one option! If they expand the color range, I am sure everyone would come to love this foundation. Tip: I like to use a shade lighter than my normal color as concealer under my eyes!
Price: $62.00 for 2.30 oz
2. Laura Mercier: Next on my list is a newer foundation from Laura Mercier. The Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation is a beautiful, long-lasting, matte foundation that gives you a flawless base. This foundation is oil-free and feels extremely comfortable on the skin. It provides medium coverage that you can effortlessly build up to full coverage. This foundation works for all skin types, and it is not drying or dehydrating like other matte foundations on the market. For best results with dry skin, I recommend moisturizing well or using a hydrating primer before applying this foundation. If you have oily skin, you will likely only have to powder your most oily areas – if anything at all! Applying this with a brush gives you the best coverage, but if you want lighter coverage, an extra damp beauty blender should do the trick. Something to note about this foundation is that it dries down fairly quickly, so you should not leave it sitting on your skin for too long before blending it out. The foundation has a good color selection. It comes in 20 shades!
Price: $48.00 for 1 oz
3. Koh Gen Do: Third on my list is the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation. I reviewed this foundation over a year ago on my YouTube channel, and it still remains one of my favorites! The Aqua Foundation is a liquid formula with light to medium coverage. It is long wearing and minimizes the appearance of your pores and wrinkles. This foundation looks and feels like skin, and it provides a beautiful second skin natural finish. This is a great foundation for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin. For oily skin types, you will definitely want to set this with a powder. For dry skin types, you will love how hydrating and flattering this foundation is on your driest areas! I prefer to use this foundation with a wet beauty blender as it melts into the skin and makes pores disappear. Like the Dior foundation, this foundation has a very limited color range. With only 7 shades, it can be a bit tricky to find the right color. Check out my review to see a visual guideline to finding your shade (cut me some slack – it’s a very old review lol).
Price: $62.00 for 1.01 oz
4. Giorgio Armani: The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is 4th on my list. This foundation has been raved about for years, and the hype is one I can get behind! If you are a makeup newbie, you can’t go wrong with this one! The formula is pigmented but weightless, and it honestly feels like silk on your skin. The versatility of this foundation is great, as it can be mixed in with your sunscreen or moisturizer for lighter coverage, or built up for a full coverage flawless face. This foundation works with all skin types and leaves a velvety soft look to your skin. For oily skin types, I recommend setting with a light powder, and for dry skin types, your normal skin routine should be sufficient for great results. This foundation can be a little confusing to match just based on its numbering system, so I recommend checking it out in person. It comes in 24 shades, and has a good color selection for darker skin tones in comparison to other high-end foundations!
Price: $64.00 for 1 oz
5. Wet N Wild: Wet N Wild’s Photofocus Foundation finishes off my list. This foundation without a doubt has a strong paint-like scent, but if you can look past the scent, it is pretty amazing given the price. The Wet N Wild Photofocus Foundation blends out seamlessly with a brush, sponge, or even your fingers. The foundation dries down to a natural finish, and provides medium coverage that can be built to full coverage. It’s great for combination skin and effectively covers all of my discoloration and redness. If you are on the oily side of things, setting your most oily areas with powder will help this last better throughout the day. If you have a lot of dry patches, you may want to stick to the Dior or Koh Gen Do foundations. At a budget-friendly price, its an impressive foundation that provides long-lasting coverage that is never cakey. It comes in 20 shades and has a good selection of both fair and dark colors.
Price: $5.99 for 1 oz
Leave a Comment